Thanks to all participants for your input and contribution.
Please contact us whether you have interesting ideas, ability or time to help us with the project. We would be extremely interested in any assistance. For example, at the present time our site is translated in Hungarian, Hebrew, Serbian, Spanish, and Russian languages. It would make an enormous contribution into whether you could translate sky-map.org in any other language. We will put your name in this section immediately. To translate SKY-MAP.ORG into other languages please request the templates from us.
- Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS)Simply put, the Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS) is the most ambitious astronomical survey ever undertaken. When completed, it will provide detailed optical images covering more than a quarter of the sky, and a 3-dimensional map of about a million galaxies and quasars. As the survey progresses, the data are released to the scientific community and the general public in annual increments.
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)The Astrophysics Data System (ADS) is a NASA-funded project which maintains three bibliographic databases containing more than 5.3 million records: Astronomy and Astrophysics, Physics, and arXiv e-prints.
ADS provides the set of articles for every object on SKY-MAP.ORG
- SimbadThe SIMBAD astronomical database provides basic data, cross-identifications, bibliography and measurements for astronomical objects outside the solar system.
SKY-MAP.ORG uses Simbad to search space objects in case the system cannot recognize it internally.
- VizieRVizieR provides the list of IDs from thousands different catalogs for every object on SKY-MAP.ORG.
- SkyViewSkyView is a Virtual Observatory on the Net generating images of any part of the sky at wavelengths in all regimes from Radio to Gamma-Ray.
SKY-MAP.ORG uses Skyview-In-A-Jar adapted software to produce images of the surveys other than SDSS.
Special thanks to Dr. Thomas A. McGlynn for the help with the publishing of the new surveys on SKY-MAP.
- V. Ioussoupov
- Graphical Design
- Servers administration
- Eddie Chong
- Texts Editing
- László Balaton
- Translation to Hungarian
- Publication in “Hirek Csillagaszat.hu”
- Jose Gomez Castano
- Translation to Spanish
- Nenad Davidovic
- Translation to Serbian
- Dennis Batalin
- Translation to Hebrew
- Lee, Hyung-Chul
- Translation to Korean
- Carlo Pappalardo
- Translation to Italian
- Emre Evren (gokbilim.com)
- Translation to Turkish was being perpetuated by gokbilim.com team leaded by Emre Evren and Çağrı Erdoğdu
- Jordi Solaz
- Translation to Catalan